Tuesday, September 22, 2009

dr visit


It was an early start today because Jimmy had an ENT appointment in Oakbrook Terrace. It took 1 hour and 10 minutes to get there this morning and we were 20 minutes late. I hate being late. No one seemed to care though because Dr. Hotaling tends to run 30 minutes late so no real biggie. It was a good appointment. They did the pressure test and air was getting through the tubes and he responded to the sounds during the hearing test. He has moderate hearing loss in his left ear but his right ear is fine so no one is worried. Normally we get briefed by the doctor at the end but after waiting 40 minutes I decided to check out early. I feel a little guilty but man we were there for 2 hours and maybe spent a total of 15 minutes actually talking to someone.

I also wanted to check out a house during a broker's open house that my realtor thought I might like…941 Sherman in Evanston. It needs a lot of work but it has a big yard, 5 parking spaces and it’s pretty big. I doubt anything will come of it because I really like where we live now but a bigger place would be nice.

Cookies are baking, Jimmy is pretending to nap, Isa is glueing, and I am blogging. Life is pretty good!

3 comments:

  1. Oakbrook Terrace is right by where my in-laws live. Fun drive, huh? Glad to hear (no pun intended) that Jimmy's tubes are okay!

    I will jump off a bridge if you guys buy a house before us!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. that house is so close to our's. we'd love to have you in our hood! -emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two are so stinkin' cute! I, too, am glad to hear the appointment went well. 5 parking spaces! Definitely could make some extra $$ per month renting a couple of those out!

    ReplyDelete