Sunday, September 13, 2009

Timber-Lee plus a little extra




Yesterday we went to Timber-Lee Camp with Ups for Downs. We "camped" in a very nice lodge with our own private bathroom and 4 bunkbeds for Marc, Isa, Jimmy and I. We brought along a pack n play for Jimmy so we could have slept in two different beds each and still had two beds untouched. It was a great weekend. We climbed a rock wall, Isa rode a horse, we played at the beach, Jimmy played and LOVED tetherball (and no, Jimmy was not running around hitting and blocking the ball but Marc held him while he hit the ball and Jimmy laughed and laughed and laughed...if only I had it on video), and the food was wonderful. We also met a lot of wonderful families who also have children with down syndrome. It was a nice age range with a 3 and 5 year old and 5 teenagers. It was cool to see how unique and able they all were. It was a reminder for us to raise the bar high for Jimmy and expect him to be awesome.

On a completely different note, a few weeks ago I was taking out the recycling bin that sits right outside my back door and I slipped and fell. I mostly just landed on my butt but it still hurt and I was sore for a few days. There was a thick green slime that covered all the wood and it was the reason the steps were slippery and dangerous. Today I scrubbed the crap out of it and it looks awesome. I should go take a picture but I am way too tired.


Isa and I on the hayride.


Marc and Jimmy watching us leave on the hayride.


Jimmy with Katia (she could not get enough of Jimmy).

Jimmy with 3 beautiful girls...just chillin on the bench.

1 comment:

  1. Isa the equestrian - love it!! looks like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete