Monday, October 12, 2009

It's my birthday!




Today I woke up to the smell of pumpkin cookies. It doesn’t get much better than that. I didn’t leave the house once today. The kiddos took it upon themselves to play by themselves. It was oddly quiet and relaxing. At one point I thought they were both napping but I later learned that Isa was in my closet playing with all my shoes. It was pretty cute. I ordered Koi for dinner…maki rolls, lemon chicken, chicken fried rice, crab rangoon…the works. I think we threw away over half of it but it was a super yummy dinner. Marc and Isa then presented gifts. I was pretty surprised since we shopped on Saturday but he found some cute shirts and bought a kitchen aid mixer. We had a sunbeam mixer that broke about a month ago. After Marc made cookies this morning without one he decided it was time to buy a new, life-long, lasting machine. Apparently some guy on the train asked if he bought that for his wife and Marc responded, “it’s for the house.” It is definitely for the house but nice to have it on my birthday too!

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh geez...he carried that beast of a mixer home on the train?! good job, Marc!

    i'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡Feliz cumpleaños, Xti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you got your mixer! That's the best gift!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete