Monday, October 19, 2009

Outrage!




Isa and I were having a snack and talking about what she did in school. At one point she got excited and made a loud noise. Then, like she had just realized something, whispered, “Is Jimmy sleeping?” I said, “No, he is just playing.” Isa- “Jimmy is not napping; he is playing, so I can make noise?” I said, “Yes.” She then made the weirdest sounds ever. She was so happy to not be quiet.

Outrage!

Today at the mall it was like everywhere I looked there was outrageous stuff going on. First, a boy, about 4 maybe a tiny 5 year old, asked his mom if he could climb the tree, and she said yes. That was the first time I whirled my head around to witness who this mother was (tall, skinny, fashionable…just a quick description!). Then the boy spotted a bird’s nest and told his mom about it. He asked her if he could take a look, mind you the nest was at the tip top of the tree, and she said sure, why not. Not two minutes later, two security guys came over and asked the boy to get down. The boy was visibly shaken up about this and after he finally made it to the bottom he went and told her about it. She replied, “Son, they are worried for insurance purposes, once they leave, you can climb back up the tree.” Second whirl. The boy then asked if he could have some Godiva chocolate and she thought that was a good idea and they left. WHAT? I think trees should be climbed but not at the mall and for a 4 or 5 year old some supervision would be nice. She was reading some magazine and either did not notice or pretended not to notice when the security guys came.

Second, when did the cheapest item in Pottery Kids become like $60.00? I was astonished at the prices in that place? I can’t believe a plastic register that weighs about as much as a quarter was 60 bones. I guess I will be buying Christmas presents from the rummage sale!

Lastly, (non-mall related outrageousness) Isa threw up right as I was putting her to bed. Poor thing. The good thing is she was blaming the chocolate milk. Maybe she won’t want it anymore?!

4 comments:

  1. I must say it was surprised at first to see the word "OUTRAGE!" paired with that cutie picture of Jimmy...I get it now though.

    Ya gotta love the people who provide so much entertainment with their poor parenting...or lack there of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The problem is (which I realized when my darlings were small) that you have to raise your kids to deal with these delinquents in their life. These kids who are getting zero direction in morals, ethics, etc, are going to be her peers. Also, 13 years from now, the mother will be getting her nails done talking to her fellow empty-headers about her children and wondering why they are failing in school and why they don't listen.... UGH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, my comment relates totally to the chocolate milk, which is like crack in our house. We just can't get enough! I buy it by the gallon! The other day I was furtively buying some when I ran into Andrew (of Abbi & Andrew fame) at the store in the milk aisle. I debated whether or not to get it in front of them and ultimately decided the wrath of my family for showing up without it was worse than anything Andrew might think of me!

    ReplyDelete