Saturday, November 7, 2009

Flu Fighters!



Today I spent a lot of time waiting in line for the H1N1 shot for Isa and Jimmy. It was kind of fun since I saw lots of friends. Being a good friend myself, I went to the end of the line after seeing my friend Emily who arrived after me. That made my wait at least 100 people longer! Ok, maybe it was like 30 people longer, but I heard Emily tell someone it was only 20 people and she needs to respect! haha! Marc came a little later with the kids and we waited and waited. I hope in a month that we will be able to get the second round of shots.

After that, Marc took Isa to a birthday party at a friend’s house. Isa and a little boy Jack played a classic birthday party game, the one where you see how many times you can grab the same toy and cry about it. They both won. They had fun anyway and got to hear a lot about how it’s best to share toys.

Later, Marc and Jimmy and I walked along with Isa as she road her bike to Papa and Grandma’s house. Isa told us the names of all the squirrels we met and shared little bits of information about each squirrel’s personal habits. For one, “this one is bhaati, he like to run on the pavement. He is not scared of me” for another one “her name is deenty, she climbs to the top of the high tree”. There was even one who was her best friend and liked to climb into houses, but I forgot her name.

On the ride back home from Papa’s house, we had a leaf hunt. Isa’s idea, and a very slow way to get home, but we found lots of yellow and red leaves. Isa loves the red leaves. Jimmy just loves being outside and watching Isa ride her bike.

4 comments:

  1. ok, fine, maybe 25 people! :) thanks for making the LONG morning fun.

    p.s. i (or i guess rob) did make it up to you with caffeine. so there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right! Thank You Rob for the wonderful Chai Latte. You are my hero! I would have been starving and crabby without that and your wonderful wife to chat with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys got through the H1N1 line craziness (I knew it! Everything *is* better in Evanston... Your kids got stickers, Bobby got a 'shooter' who was shaking when she administered the shot!!!).

    Also loved Isa's squirrel stories... she's got such a great imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stormy does the same thing! She comes up with names she just makes up by putting random sounds together they are so funny! we should really keep our ears open to these made up names, we might actually like one (people are naming their kids more and more unusual names) (did you get a load of "Stormy?" lol! "Bhatti" is pretty cool-sounds Indian..:) I can dig it...:)lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete