Friday, November 13, 2009

Mostly Happy Friday...

Does it make me a bad mom that I left to go get my camera to take a
picture of him.

Not a huge surprise but last night Jimmy came down with croup. 2am! I was up with him till 3:30 and now all I want to do is sleep.

In the early evening yesterday, Marc and I went to Isa’s school for parent-teacher conferences. There wasn’t a lot to talk about…I mean she is 3, so she either likes school or she doesn’t. They labeled Isa as a happy girl. That made me feel good because sometimes, when I lose my cool, I wonder if she will be scarred for life.

Today started out so great. I cut up watermelon for 22 kids, got Isa off to school, came back, worked out, showered, worked on the business plan, fed Jimmy, and picked up Isa from school. After that things spiraled downhill quite dramatically. Isa and I had a serious fight. She cried, I yelled demanding that she stopped crying, essentially we both lost that fight.

Then things started looking up, we accomplished a few things, got Jimmy a birth certificate (I have no idea where the original went), went to the store, returned, Jimmy napped, Isa watched TV, I took a short nap, and everyone was peaceful till dinner time.

Back downhill, Jimmy vomited all over himself, Isa refused to eat the best dinner ever, homemade chicken pot pie, I told her she would have to go to bed with no food (she accepted…not a good plan), so then I told her she had no choice and would not be allowed to leave till she ate her entire bowl, she did, got both in the bathtub, both out, and fed Jimmy a second dinner.

The best part of the day occurred right before dinner when I got the proofs from our last family photo shoot. There are some really good ones in there and I haven’t even seen all of them.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Ok Christi, you know I love reading your blog but EWWWWW! did i have to see that? Sorry about your fight with Isa. 3 is so hard :(

    have a great weekend!

    ~Ilissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly doesn't make you a bad mom for leaving to get your camera, but did you really need a picture of it? GROSS! It is humbling when the 3 year old in the house gets what they want instead of you in some cases...isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no aversion to vomit photos. I do have an aversion, however, to not eating homemade chicken pot pie. I would've gladly eaten Isa's refused portion. Think about how much more effective that behavior modification would've been!

    ReplyDelete