Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful for old friends.

Stormy, Melissa, Christi & Jimmy

Jimmy smiling it up!


Isa and Stormy playing Simon Says. Simon says smell like a flower (and then they start sniffing).



Hooray, pretending to play a row the canoe game.


Today I met up with my friend Melissa who I haven't seen in 8+ years. Today, nearly a decade later, and just a few conversations via facebook, we got together and we had a great time. It was like no time had past. Our freshman year in highschool Melissa came up to me at my locker and asked me if I wanted to be friends and I am so glad I said yes. Not that I had a choice. I knew nobody in a school of 2,000 kids so I was going to say yes to anyone who asked and I lucked out by being asked by her. We were connected at the hip that entire year...well at the side, since her hip was and still is like 6 inches higher than mine. We talked high school gossip and got caught up on the last 8 years. One of my favorite moments was when Paul, Melissa's husband, held Stormy's hand, who was holding Isa's hand, and Isa said, "I'm an elephant." She then pretended that her arm was her nose and kept her head down. I am pretty sure she thought she was an elephant from the Jungle Book. I am so thankful for my friend! Thanks for a great afternoon Melissa and Stormy!

1 comment:

  1. i had such a great time! I cant believe you remember that:) how cute were we? funny! I still cant believe i never read this blog entry...till next time!

    ReplyDelete