Monday, January 11, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings

First, you make the chicken broth.

Second, you make the dumplings



Third, the roux.




Today I made chicken and dumplings. I thought it was superb but Isa took some convincing. I got the recipe off my friend’s blog, http://thebakerandthechef.weebly.com/6/category/dumplings/1.html. I think Isa would have enjoyed it more if I made the dumplings super small. I finally cut them super tiny and then she finished it with minimal complaints. I left the veggies in the broth and Jimmy ate the carrots and celery like a champ.

Isa made an heirloom for her sister-brother. Fancy Nancy made one for her sister so I think Isa wants Jimmy to be her sister but will settle for sister-brother.



1 comment:

  1. The chicken and dumplings looks great! I did the same thing-made the dumplings too big. Aw well, live and learn!

    I love the sister-brother! She's so smart!

    ReplyDelete