Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ni Modo todo!

Ni modo. What does that mean? It doesn’t have an exact translation, but it sort of means, so be it, what’s the point, oh well, it will be it what it will be, and if you can’t change it…accept it. It was a term I learned very quickly during my time in Mexico as it was used often. Todo means everything! That's my new philosophy.


After Marc got home I went in bed to lie down. I had the worst headache and was super tired. Marc, just being silly, asked Isa, “Why is mommy so tired.” Isa answered, “ I don’t know, she took so many naps today. I wanted to play with her but she wanted to sleep.” That made me feel kind of bad but Isa hasn’t figured out how to compromise. Hee hee. I beg her to play things with me while I lay down but she refuses. We have to play under the table or a game where one can’t stay in one place. It has been such a short time but she is already tired of me telling her I am too tired to play.

Today was the worst because out of thin air Isa took a nap but Jimmy didn’t. If I put him down in his bed, he screamed bloody murder. I was desperate to get him to sleep. I walked from one end of the house to the other over and over hoping he would conk out. I watched the clock tick and I kept thinking, Isa is going to wake up and I won’t get to nap. It was horrible. I never did nap. I did go and lay down for a few minutes here and there (all the naps I was taking according to Isa). She got a 2 hour nap. Bah humbug.

Ni modo todo! What can I do? It’s hard for me to move past the exhaustion and play but I will keep trying.

PS Jimmy is feeling much better. He's an eating, fever free, playing man!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I just googled the translation for your blog name when I was changing it from what I used to have it listed as ... and the first hit was this blog post. Got it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i was planning on changing the name after the baby was born but i might keep it knowing it comes up first when googled. LOL!

    ReplyDelete