Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Passing Out...

Isa fell on her booty today and cried. I went to her and was checking her booty when all of a sudden, she passed out. It was crazy scary. She made a weird noise, her eyes went to the back of her head, her face tensed up, and she passed out. A second later, she was back to crying about her booty and said her tummy hurt. Something similar happened last Saturday and it was so strange that Marc and I kind of talked it away till it happened again today. I was very scared and thought, seizures, what if Isa gets seizures her whole life. I called the pediatrician, explained both stories, and he said that it’s fairly common. Young kids get so emotional about something they forget to breathe and then pass out. WHAT?!? I am thankful he doesn’t think it’s serious. I went from thinking she needed a CAT scan to nervously laughing away Isa’s scary behavior. My mother in law noted that she was sick and probably still isn’t 100% and that may have something to do with it. I don’t know. I just hope it doesn’t happen again. I feel like every time she hurts herself or cries uncontrollably about something (which is often) I’m going to be a nervous wreck and worried she is going to pass out, fall, and hit her head. She was lucky that both times Marc or I had her and prevented her from hurting herself.  

Jimmy is still sick. He ate a tiny bit of food today and then cried afterwards till he fell asleep in my arms. I think today he was a tad better than yesterday. Let’s hope it continues.

Today Isa told me my butt was big and I told her that wasn’t very nice. She laughed and then said, “you have a little big butt.” Oh the honesty of our youth.  

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had your little big butt!

    It sounds like things are insane over at your house. Call if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butt is not big! And what is TKAHAMCH?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you copying me and changing up your blog design to hearts? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Isa! Hope this passes, and all of you are feeling much better, very soon! Like Katie, I was wondering what TKAHAMCH was, but then I realized you were just being witty (as usual). You're going to have to shorten your blog moniker, Missy! ;)

    ReplyDelete