Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Unexpected and now Confirmed!

Baby Zana Nana



January 20, 2010
It has been confirmed. I am pregnant and saw a tiny heart beat this morning. I’m 7 weeks and 3 days and the due date according to Mrs. Bennet is September 5, 2010. I don’t think I can make Poppop’s 90th birthday party but hopefully the rest of the family can. It was a great morning but there was one downer. My doctor was really pushing all these prenatal test, and the more she described them, the more I decided I didn’t want them. I told her that I would like to do the level two ultra-sound at 20 weeks and then she pushed and pushed for me to get the ultrasound at 11 weeks. I told her I had heard so many stories of false positives and false negatives and wasn’t feeling it. She said it was 90% accurate but that it only gives you your odds. For example, I might have a 1 and 50 chance of having a kid with Down syndrome or 1 and 4000. Ehh, I had a 1 in 800 chance with Jimmy (just basic odds) and now it’s 1 and 400 (more or less)…that’s good enough for me. At 20 weeks I may change my mind about the level two ultrasound. At this point I’m not curious about the Down syndrome part, although, I hear it’s really cool, 3D, and you get a glimpse of what your baby will look like.

And, just in case you are wondering, we were NOT trying. In fact, we were trying not to get pregnant.

Dec. 29, 2009
Was I surprised?, yes, but did I expect it, yes again. I’m freaking pregnant. Holy &#!T! I sat there on the toilet, peed on my stick, and before I could get my pants up it read, “pregnant.” I smiled from ear to ear, but I think it was kind of like an OMG, what the hell, is this for real, kind of smile. I called Marc immediately. He was equally surprised. Baby #3 will be two years and three months younger than Jimmy, just like Jimmy is two years and three months younger than Isa. What is up with that time frame?

I asked Isa if she would prefer a baby brother or sister. She said, “sister.” She named her Zana, Zana Nana that is! And, she wants a baby boy too, his name will be Nana.

Rough estimate of due date: August 29- September 8, 2010.

January 5, 2010
It’s been a week and I feel super normal. It’s very strange. It makes me wonder if I am even pregnant. I forget about it during most of the day and when I do think about it, it’s more of a wonder, am I really pregnant. I set up my first appointment for January 29th. It’s seems very far away right now. I might call again and see if I can get something a little sooner.

January 9, 2010
I still feel very normal. I called my doc to move up my appointment to Jan. 20th in the AM. That’s only a week and a half away. I will probably be puking by then and wishing I had just relaxed more at this time but I do what I do.

January 13, 2010
I went grocery shopping and I was so nauseous. Jimmy laughed in the cart the whole time and I could barely smile back at him. I would make my eyes look silly and get close to his face as a way to respond to him. He will probably hate me when he’s older! Jk

I just got home from a very nice dinner with Marc and I’m exhausted and nauseous. A great combo. I am pretty sure something is growing inside me. One week till we find out for sure…

January 19, 2010
This morning has been tough. Isa is sick with a high fever. I woke up feeling nauseous and had two kids to work with before I could get any food in me. After throwing cheese puffs on Jimmy’s tray I ran to the bathroom to gag. Thankfully that was it. Tomorrow I will see the doctor. I might have to take both kids if Isa isn’t feeling better. Good times ahead.

11 comments:

  1. hooray!!! I was wondering what we were going to do since we didn't have enough pregnant people in playgroup anymore! So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Zana Nana has a bright future! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you and big sister, Isa & big brother, Jimmy! I think Baby Zana Nana is a great name :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! What wonderful news christi! Thats super awesome! You are a great mother-im very excited for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Christi, what a lucky baby!
    anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew! The other day I totally got a feeling that I was pregnant but it must've been your vibe I was picking up on. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy and excited for you guys. As always, if you need any help with dr appts or just not feeling well, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome for you guys! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Christi! Having 3 is GREAT!! Can't wait to welcome Zana Nana!!
    Deb, Joe
    Joey, Keri and Sami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many Congrats to all of the Harrisons!! Can't wait to meet the new addition! Love you guys! xoxo -angel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! And good thing you two only do it every 2 years and 3 months, or you'd be working on 7 or 8 bambinos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Christy.. I am so happy for you! Your kids are so cute! I really like reading about yr everyday life.. you are also a good writer and a super mum! Mach's gut!! Martina (Koblenz/Trieste)

    ReplyDelete