Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

My good friend Katie nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. I have to admit that I wasn’t that surprised to get it. ha ha, just kidding. Thank you Katie! This is fun and a great way to learn about other blogs. Katie is a fun chick who has a son name Jack. He is adorable and like Jimmy has Down syndrome. We live an hour apart almost to the dot but we have managed to get together once a month. Katie is also pregnant like me. She got pregnant first and probably thinks I got pregnant to copy her. Just let it go Katie! I have copied her in many ways though. I copied her by starting a blog. I tried to paint my kitchen green, one of the colors in her house (didn’t look good though), and I also copied an art project she did recently. I will copy her and buy the straw cup she suggested when Jimmy is ready. She is a great friend and my only complaint is that she lives one hour away. xoxo

Here are the "Beautiful Blogger" award rules.
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers.

[Beautiful+Blogger.png]

1. I was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. I had a great, happy upbringing. People always ask me why I don’t have an accent. I have to explain that not everyone has an accent and that it’s the Dallas and Houston folk that have the deep accents. Although, now I can hear the accent my mom has, that I never noticed prior to moving to Chicago.

2. I have four brothers, one older, 3 younger. They are all pretty great though some are better than others. The jokes just keep on coming! haha. Nate’s wife is about to have a baby, yay! Jake is in the Domincan Republic volunteering. Jonathan lives near me and working on many different things. Luke is finishing up his senior year in college.

3. English was always my worst subject and so I decided to focus on Spanish for a long time. I spent several summers in Mexico and volunteered at an orphanage there for a year.

4. I met my husband at the orphanage on my first day there. People always think it’s so great etc that we were volunteers but we got the best gift of all…each other, AWWW!! Also, randomly, or maybe not, we are both the second of 5 kids.

5.  I think one of the best things about being a mom, besides loving on your sweet kids, is the other moms you meet. My friend network just keeps on multiplying. I love it and all you mom friends I have. You are the best!

6. When I started this blog I hardly read any blogs at all and now I can barely keep up with all of them. It’s creeping into my TV time.

7. Lastly, mostly cause I can’t think of anything else, I am a five footer. I pray that my kids are taller than me!

My nominations for the “Beautiful Blogger” award are:

Abbi at Life As We Live It

Abby at The Schwartes

Anne and Valerie at This Bobby's Life

Deb at NEW ME

Janet at Harrisonville

Megan at Simple Pleasures

Melissa at The Baker and The Chef

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Now why don't you copy me and move to the burbs?

    ReplyDelete