Sunday, March 28, 2010

and the drinking saga continues…

As soon as Jimmy got the stomach bug over two weeks ago, he stopped allowing me to squirt liquids in his mouth. Today was the first day he got at least 4 or 5 ounces in. I don’t know why this is so hard. I can’t wait for the day that this is a distant memory. Isa desperately wanted me to help her make a hat but I was desperately trying to get some liquids via a straw into Jimmy. Thankfully, he doesn’t have a hydration problem. He eats lots of fruit and gets plenty of juices that way,  but via a cup or straw, it’s next to nothing. I plan to work extra hard core this week and next. He will get this before he is two, right?

On the bright side, Jimmy is pretty snotty right now (wait for it). Yesterday, he was unable to nap due to his snottiness. He even sounded a little bit croupy. Marc took him on a long walk in the cold air and I think it took the croupiness away. I love that he is getting bigger and able to fight away croup (the bright side). I will totally jinx it but he has been croup free for a long time now.

This weekend was fun. We spent a lot of time together as a family. When Marc is home the music is on a lot which means there are lots of dance parties and smiles on people’s faces. We went on a short walk and found this huge tree that was cut down. Its width was the height of Isa and she is approximately 3 feet tall.

DSC00819

Marc and I were saying Isa look at us and smile. This was all she was willing to do for us. Ha ha!

DSC00820

No comments:

Post a Comment