Sunday, May 30, 2010

Katy/Houston, Texas

It has been a long but fun day. Isa and I started the day with a swim in the pool. Then Isa, Jimmy, and I went to Katy, TX for Emily’s 4th birthday party. It was a big hit with all the kids. It was a princess party with two crafts, a performance, and picture time with Ariel, Belle, and Cinderella.

One of Isa’s crafts

DSC02481

a group pic

DSC02488

Jimmy wanted to join everyone!

DSC02495

silly pic

DSC02499

Isa modeling with Belle

DSC02501

and Ariel

DSC02503

and Cinderella.

DSC02505

After the pictures were taken, a dance party started.

DSC02508 DSC02512 DSC02515

After Emily’s party we went to a family party in Houston that wasn’t that far away. Sadly, I took no photos because we were pretty much in the pool the entire time. Isa was playing on this mesh floaty boat thingy and she got braver and braver on it. I kept waiting for her to fall off of it and sure enough she did towards the end of our time in the pool. She freaked out and cried loudly until I was able to ask her what happened. She then said the boat tipped and she fell in. Then I asked, “but you came back up? so you swam?” All of a sudden, she was smiling, realizing she swam for a second. She wanted to do it again! I didn’t let her do that again but she jumped into my arms for the next 20 minutes. It was awesome. Everyday she gets a little bit more confident in the water. I can’t wait to swim with her tomorrow!

Thank you to the Bateman, Wittig, Hansen, and Rudder Family for a great day!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun party...and a great vacation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Isa! We have to make sure she gets to the pool a lot this summer.

    ReplyDelete