Saturday, June 26, 2010

a FULL Saturday

This morning Isa had her second swim lesson. She did so great. I talked to her teacher and told them to leave her alone with her swim belt. They did or Isa just did it on her own. I missed that part walking up to the balcony so I could watch. But by the time I was at the top, she was swimming from one side of the pool to the other exclaiming proudly, “I’m doing it, I’m doing it.” She also congratulated the other swimmers around her.

DSC03113

Considering last week when she screamed and cried hysterically the entire time, this is like Isa winning the Gold at the Olympics!

DSC03115

After Isa’s swim lesson we drove to the dreaded Ikea in Schaumburg to pick up a bunk bed. The best thing about owning a minivan is this…

DSC03122

I love that you can just put the seats in the floor and then have a commercial van on your hands. Or, split it up 50/50 like this.

DSC03121

We came home and watched poor USA lose to Ghana. Bummer! Then Marc and I went to Ravinia to listen to Buena Vista Social Club. The weather was excellent and we had sweet parking…overall, an excellent day!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent? Did you forget the part where we went to Ikea? It was nice to get it done though.

    ReplyDelete