Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Baby Update

The last few days have been kind of crazy. I had my ultrasound on Monday and was measuring 32 weeks and 6 days (when I was 35 weeks and 1 day). The ultrasound doctor said to come in once a week for NST and every two weeks for a fetal assessment. At that time the tone was, it’s probably unnecessary but just in case. I couldn’t help but be annoyed since it’s easy for me to think the baby is small because I am small. But, yesterday my doctor called me and left me a message saying, “I know I will see you tomorrow morning but I just got the results of the ultrasound and will you call me back today.” That made me nervous. I spoke to him and he wanted me to get two Non-Stress Test a week, a fluid count once a week, and a fetal assessment every two weeks. The reason is, one month ago, my tiny girl was in the 30th% and now she is in the 13th%. Should she ever measure in the 10th% or below, that would worry the doctor enough to strongly suggest inducing right away. The next fetal assessment will be done at 37 weeks (in a week and a half) and unless any of the NSTs raise alarms we should make it to full-term. I also spoke with my sister in law about everything and she explained each test and why it is necessary and gave me the worst case scenario. That helped put things in perspective and made the doctor seem less reckless with my time and money. Needless to say, last night, I didn’t sleep to well. Having news like that delivered on the telephone just makes it sound more grave than maybe it is. Today, when I saw my doctor, he put me back at ease. Right now, there is nothing to worry about. We are still above the 10% and we shouldn’t get anxious till we do (if we do at all). I feel much better today! I even forced myself to make some cookies just to fatten this child up a bit! Literally FORCED myself:)

I forgot to mention that the baby’s head is officially down and ready for delivery.

A BIG thank you to my in-laws, who will be babysitting for EVERY NST test I have. That is a huge worry off my list.

3 comments:

  1. Hope all stays as it is and that little girl gets delivered safely and in just the right time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your sweet baby! Try not to worry too much though I know it's hard. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for all of you that everything goes smoothly

    ReplyDelete