Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fingers Crossed.

It’s amazing how one day you think nothing too exciting is happening, then you get an email from your realtor, you forward the email to your husband, you act on that email (set up a time to see the house), and the next thing you know your house is listed and you have made an offer on another house. Marc and I are never house hunting but always looking all at the same time. Today we have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned our house trying to make it presentable. Brokers will be walking through our house tomorrow and a photographer will try to make our house look beautiful tomorrow as well. I wonder what will happen. I feel at peace with being declined or accepted. Marc made the unfinished side of our basement look fabulous. All I could do was laugh, I was so impressed. I didn’t know it could look that good. I still have some basic cleaning to do but closets and cabinets have been organized and lots of stuff has been put away. The best part about this process is the spring cleaning. It needed to be done and I love it!

This is the house we made an offer on. It is your “grandma’s” house. It’s been treated well but it hasn’t been updated in over 30 years, if not longer. Cute, heh?

2106 HARRISON St, EVANSTON, IL 60201

5 comments:

  1. It IS my grandma's house and it is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love this style of house, it feels like it's a home! If your offer is accepted, you should post pics of the inside, I bet it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOME is where the heart is!! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this house! I have always dreamed of a house like this. I hope you all get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely!!! And will be fun to update it in your own style!!

    ReplyDelete