Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowpocalypse and more!

First up, Rosie Rose is 5 months old. She kind of started eating solids. We gave her rice cereal but then she got sick. She’s not a big fan of the solids and gags a bit so when she got the croupy cough it was an easy decision to take a break. She still kind of has a cough but is getting better.

DSC06875

Jimmy has taken a few more steps. Mostly just one at a time and then he sits. Once, while ironing ( I do that like once a year), I witnessed Jimmy take three steps or maybe better described as a 3 step shuffle. Either way, I was so excited, but I kept it to myself, and called Marc and whispered the news to him. He’s also been sharing a room with Isa and sleeps in the bottom bunk. It’s pretty awesome except for the fact that both Isa and Jimmy are tired. I hope they can get into a groove soon.

DSC06881

Isa asked me to include Rosie in the photo so I put her on the safety mattress. I hope it does not get used but just in case Jimmy decides to climb out there is some padding to minimize the fall.

DSC06885

I walked into Jimmy’s room to wake him up and he looked like this. Sooooooo Cuuuuuuute!

DSC06866

OK, let’s talk about the Snowpocalypse. Everyone has been talking about the thunder snow storm for what feels like weeks. It almost seems too hyped up.  The snow has started to come down and the winds are a blowing. A side story, I took Isa to swim class with Jimmy and Rosie. Most of the time my father in law, Jeph, takes her but he’s in Arizona doing what Arizonians do. At 2:45pm today it wasn’t so bad outside. It was just like it normally is when it snows so we went to class. I got a pretty good parking spot and we ran to the door of the YWCA. I was carrying Rosie and Jimmy and when we got to the door I put Rosie down (she was buckled and covered in her car seat), opened the door, kept the door open with my foot, then Isa tripped over my foot, and fell hard right on the metal part where the door sits when it’s closed on the floor. It was awful. I wasn’t sure how to handle the situation. Rosie was still outside the door, I’m  holding Jimmy, and Isa is on the ground blocking the door and preventing anyone from entering.  I managed to get Isa up and inside and then went back for Rosie…luckily she didn’t seem to mind. Isa’s crying attracted a lot of help and within minutes she was given an ice pack and lots of caring words.

IMAG0129

It looks a lot better now. A lot of the brown was from good old fashion dirt. She was brave and went to swim class. On the way home the weather was starting to pick up. I don’t think it would seem scary but since there is so much hype it felt scarier. The wind was blowing hard and I could feel the minivan fight the wind. Everyone was driving super slow and you could see everyone skid just a bit here and there. I stocked up on wine and a few other things this morning like chips and donuts  (just kidding, Marc). I’m excited to have a snow day tomorrow and hope to see some cool pictures of the storm and the waves but pray, pray, pray that everyone’s power stays on and is home and safe.

This is what Jimmy thinks of the snow storm. I think it might look a little like that from some angles…especially at the beach.

DSC06888

At 3:30pm the weather outside looked a little like this…not so bad but the “snowpocalypse” was just beginning.

IMAG0131

Here are two videos that are pretty cute. They both involve Rosie and Jimmy laughing. Laughter is contagious!

Jimmy's laughter makes Rosie laugh.

Rosie getting kissed and finding it hilarious!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute laughing videos. And I like Jimmy's new big boy bed set up. Bunkmates are fun!

    ReplyDelete