Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jonny and Lisa’s Engagement Party…Wittig Style (SA part 2)!

I was standing in my parents backyard and I see these boys running around that I don’t recognize. Then I see a man that looks just like Donny (my cousin’s husband) and I think, it can’t be. Donny and Marie and their two kids were there as were my cousin Jeff and his family. It was so awesome. I have so many cousins and there are a few that I rarely see because they live in Houston or Dallas or are out of state and if we aren’t home for the same Holiday then we don’t see one another for years. It was great to see them and all my local cousins and aunts and uncles. Marc’s parents, Jo and Jeph, and his sister, Ellie, were there and Father Wayne from Chicago. It’s so fun being at a party with so many friends and family. I remarked later to Marc that it was difficult to catch up with everyone because we have three small kids to feed and watch but even so… I loved it. My grandparents, two of my uncles, and my dad’s cousin serenaded Lisa and Jonny. At the end, my grandma, humorously remarked that they had not rehearsed. She can always find a way to make people laugh. Great job Mawmaw, Pawpaw, Uncle Evan, Uncle Vincent, and Debbie!

100_0375

Guests of honor, Jonny and Lisa!

The guests of honor

Nathan and Emma

100_0353

Aunt Ellie and Rosie

2011 Feb San Antonio Baptism Engagement Party Emma 116

Luke and Rosie

2011 Feb San Antonio Baptism Engagement Party Emma 111

At the end of the party, we tried to get a good picture of the kids together. We tried. They look cute even though none of them wanted to strike a pose. It’s understandable! I guess!

2011 Feb San Antonio Baptism Engagement Party Emma 129

2011 Feb San Antonio Baptism Engagement Party Emma 130

2011 Feb San Antonio Baptism Engagement Party Emma 132

Jeph took a lot of these photos. I love his action shots.

Isa running to show off her basketball skills.

Here comes Isa!

cookie time!

Isa enjoys a cookie

100_0369

100_0381

The party was still going on but it was bed time for this guy.

100_0392

Daddy and Isa

2011 Feb San Antonio Baptism Engagement Party Emma 101

No comments:

Post a Comment