Thursday, March 17, 2011

The longest and greatest day!

This morning I was running around the house cleaning. I had a new babysitter coming and I wanted her to be able to find the basic essentials. Marc helped in the morning rush and took Isa to school which  gave me time to take a shower and make myself presentable. The sitter arrived to a messy but much cleaner house and I was off to Isa’s school. I organized an art project with another mom for the kids’ St. Patty’s day party. I have a scab on my finger from cutting tons of paper. It was a great project though and it was fun to be there.

Once the project was over, I took off to get Rosie, and then run a bunch of errands with the windows down. I went to the bank, post office, hobby store and then to Jimmy’s school to meet with his teachers. It’s awesome to have teacher conferences for a two year old because I LOVE hearing about Jimmy. I asked one question, what is Jimmy doing.  His two teachers just bounced back and fourth talking about all the wonderful things Jimmy does. The one thing I heard the most was, his acts are purposeful. He dumps toys but then he puts them back. He focuses when they read stories and sing songs. He moves about the room and the other kids join him. He’s so social.  He wants to climb the stairs. He plays roll the ball and if he can choose between playing with a teacher or a classmate, he chooses the classmate. He is noticing the boys in his classroom and wants to play with them (I thought that was very interesting…I don’t know why but I would have thought he would prefer girls since he has two sisters…but he wants to hang out with his own gender! smart man!).

It was a great conference and then I went back home, put some snacks together, and headed for the city to hang with my nieces and nephew. We surprised Olivia at school and then walked to a nearby park. Jimmy had a great time and climbed the steps at the playground a zillion times. I was too nervous to let him go down the slide by himself so Rosie and I went with him. It’s a tough job but somebody’s got to do it! On the way home from our walk (about a mile each way) we stopped at a restaurant and Janet and I ate as did all of our 7 children. It was a pretty relaxing meal. Kinda amazing!

After we got back to Janet’s house, I sat on the floor of the kid’s room until it was absolutely time to leave. I did not want to get up at all. But, I finally did. We left and there was no traffic or kids crying. PERFECT! Two minutes after I walked in the door, Marc arrived. He put Isa and Jimmy in bed and then went to the store to get me alcohol. Yes, Marc’s the best. I just enjoyed watching Glee with my wine. I love random warm days in March and enjoying every minute of it.

I have a few pictures to add from Isa’s school and a video from the park but that involves me getting off the couch and I just can’t do that right now.

DSC07496

video of Jimmy climbing!

1 comment: