Saturday, April 2, 2011

THANK YOU JO!

There are lots of people who complain about their mothers-in-law, but I am not one of them. My mother-in-law, Jo, is the best. She’s an awesome cook, watches my kids all the time, will run to the store for Tylenol (or anything), and is just fun. After she heard about my cough, turned to ear infection, and achiness  in general, she insisted I lie down for a whole day. And, she knows that the only way that is going to happen is if she watches the kids. This morning, the kids and I went over to her house around 8 and I lied down all day. Jo mentioned something about me being bored… Not even for a second! It was like being in heaven. I read a little, slept a little, read a little more and so on until it was dinner time.

After dinner we all said our goodbyes and went home. Not five minutes later, I was calling Jo freaking out because both of Jimmy’s hands were swollen and had big white bumps (like a big mosquito bite or something). It scared the living day lights out of me. I half expected the swelling to continue and wondered if I should call an ambulance.  After talking to Jo, it was decided to put some Benadryl on his hands and to call the pediatrician.  The pediatrician wasn’t too worried and said if it gets worse to go to the ER. Before I had hung up the phone, Jo was at my door. She’s like an angel and helped me out. Jimmy was calming down and so I got him ready for bed while Jo held Rosie. It was the best because Rosie started crying right when Jo got there and nobody wants to have two crying kids on their hands. All three kids got to bed quick and I lay back down to write this. Thank You so much, Jo. My day was a million times better because of you.

100_0521

2 comments: