Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lisa’s Bachelorette Weekend!

Lisa was forced, I’m sure, to invite me along to her weekend get away at the Wisconsin Dells. I didn’t let that bother me too much. Lisa and Sarah showed up at my house on Friday and I had an entire sofa full of stuff to take for the two night trip…and did I mention that Rosie went too. We are a team, ya know! Thankfully, Lisa has mad packing skills and got all of my stuff into the car. Thanks, Lisa!

Friday was pretty low key. Our party of three was the first to arrive to the huge condo. We ran in and explored all the rooms and Rosie and I scoped out the room with the california king. I was nervous about how Rosie would sleep at night but there was no reason for that…she was a dream roommate.

IMG_7446

We went to the indoor waterpark. Rosie checked the water for us. It was OK.

IMG_7459

We spent our time at the wave pool that was WAY STRONG! When the waves were rolling, Rosie and I took off for safety.

IMG_7450

I loved having Rosie as an excuse not to go all the way in the deep end. Lisa and her sister, April, weren’t so lucky.

IMG_7454

April

IMG_7455

We played games and Lisa had her hair and make up done. I was getting game number two ready. I asked Jonny a bunch of questions and recorded the answers and then asked Lisa the same questions.  She definitely knows Jonny!

IMG_7461

Yes, there was some drinking! Lisa did most of it though. Here she is drinking a skinny margarita.

IMG_7463

Here she ran into some random bar for a quick shot. Yes, she is that kind of girl!

IMG_7486

They were running low on funds so here they are sharing a drink. Wild and Thrifty!

IMG_7487

Then they jumped. We tried to stop them but they only listened to the shots they took.

IMG_7497

OK, Wittigs, I think we need to monitor this chick. She insisted on going to the liquor store and posing in front of it. Just saying…

IMG_7503

Sadly, Rosie wanted to do everything Lisa did. OK, maybe there was a scavenger hunt involved but still…the eyes of Texas are upon you, LISA!

Recently Updated

And, though the games and the drinking were fun, one of the best parts was receiving emails from Marc and Jo with pictures of Jimmy and Isa having fun.

First picture was taken on the way home from Hotcakes. The best pancake place in Wilmette, hands down!

IMAG0263

Later, Isa commanded Marc to take this picture and email it to me. Isa’s doing the diaper dance!

IMAG0264

Isa was pretty lucky and got to have a birthday celebration with Grandma and her cousin Olivia. They celebrated with a fancy tea party and pink lemonade cocktails.

IMG00315-20110514-1202

IMG00316-20110514-1233

While Isa was at Grandma’s house, Marc made cookies and had a cookie party with Jimmy.

IMAG0265

It was a great weekend for everybody!

2 comments: