Sunday, July 31, 2011

From Children’s Memorial to Vegas

My awesome Mom flew in two Fridays ago to help out with this crazy week. And, on her second night, my mom and Isa had a sleep over with my brother and sister in law. That moved Jonny and Lisa up on Marc’s and my favorite people list! We love Isa but she has so much energy and that little break was rejuvenating.

Last Monday, my mom watched the two girls while I took Jimmy to the hospital. He had three procedures done and all went well. One of the procedures was an ABR hearing test and his right ear hears perfectly. Yay! No hearing aids. His left still has mild to moderate hearing loss but it’s not an issue if he hears well with his right ear. Jimmy was amazing the entire day. His procedures were scheduled to start at 1:30pm and they didn’t take him back till 2:15pm-ish. He was in a great mood considering he didn’t eat all day.

IMAG0215

IMAG0231

Can you imagine being this happy on an empty stomach?

IMAG0234

After the procedure he was miserable. Every time I get called back after a procedure Jimmy is miserable. He cries and thrashes for 30 minutes to an hour and then he falls asleep. Poor guy.

This one was taken right before he passed out. He can’t believe I allowed the doctors to drug him and mess with his cute self.

IMAG0238

The next morning Jimmy slept a lot. This might be my favorite shot of Jimmy and Marc. Can he fit in there any better?

DSC09997

Isa, my fashionista, making her own clothes.

DSC00001

Rosie figured out how to use the walker.

IMAG0209

Oh and I went to Vegas!

DSC00022

It was my first time and I went with some of my best friends in the whole wide world. I learned a few things while I was there. First, that I’m the least fashionable of all my friends. Second, that I cannot party like they can. Third, that Vegas is out of control. It’s hard to get it if you have never been but it’s a party and there is a way to party every second of the day and if you are friends with my friends you are expected to rally and hang and keep up. I totally failed in that respect but loved all the parts that I witnessed (I did sneak off a few times to get some sleep).

This is us before going to a club.

DSC00027 

At dinner.

DSC00018

Angel and I!

DSC00024

Right outside the limo!

DSC00071

This is what a day club looks like. Insane.

DSC00064

Katie and Meg (bride to be) !

DSC00008

I just told a hilarious joke. I can’t seem to remember it now.

DSC00026

Sarah and I!

DSC00034

Pam and Angel!

DSC00032

Yes, I’m a head and a half shorter than all my friends. :(

DSC00030

Thanks to Sarah and Kim I was properly dressed and accessorized to head out on the town.

DSC00040

Good times!

IMAG0251

A few hours after the picture above was taken I went to the airport and flew home. I don’t know what I‘m doing with my hand. I was trying to be cool or something. Marc picked me up at 7am and I got to see my wonderful family and mom. Rosie looked at me and I swear her thoughts were oh, you are back, yay! I’m glad she was fine without me.

My Aunt Victoria requested lots of photos with my mom and I failed. Big time. But, my mom did send me two photos while I was away of a hairdo that Isa did.  I’m guessing Isa took the photo too.

Photo_1D03E23D-C27E-D5DF-998D-3EB6F7D05F89Photo_E6CC7E7F-734B-AEE7-00FF-172A26B9A483

Now I need to catch up on some sleep.

A few more photos from friends.

This was taken the first night we arrived.

in the elevator

at the day club. I actually laughed on the second day when I saw the sign for the day club…little did I know that I was going there.

group shot in the limo

No comments:

Post a Comment