Sunday, July 17, 2011

Time Flies…

Summer has been fun and busy and crazy. We are always doing something and it feels like a big deal even if we are just playing in the back yard. Both Rosie and Jimmy love to climb the steps and give me heart attacks. Every Wednesday we have been going to Dancin Sprouts, a concert/picnic, at the Botanic Gardens. It’s my favorite thing to do. And, if weather and babysitter permits, I take two instead of three kids to the pool. It feels so easy when you are down a kid. I even get in and play and have fun. And, speaking of pool time, Isa swims! She puts her head in the water and moves her arms and kicks her feet. It seemed like an impossible feat but she can do it! Woo hoo!

We lost power for three days. It was pretty easy to endure actually. The first day without power we ran into one of mine and Isa’s favorite people (Liz, Eloise, and Harriet) twice and had lunch and dinner with them. We talked about how there was no way we could have planned it. The second and third day we had cooler temperatures so it wasn’t bad hanging out at home and we were able to sleep well with the cool breeze. I did clean out my fridge and freezer. It was long overdue. I think there were 7 half eaten salsas and 3 ranch dressings. It is so bare right now with just a few condiments and bare essentials.

Since before my brother’s wedding and Camp Harrison I have put off reading my favorite thing ever, The Barset Series by Anthony Trollope. It’s amazing and I’m on the last, 6th book. He’s an incredible writer and I strongly encourage anyone that likes Jane Austin to pick it up. I think he’s my favorite author. EVER! If you have a kindle or a kindle app you can get the books for free. The first book is called The Warden.

I haven’t taken a lot of photos lately since my hands are always full but even with that I had 170 to choose from!

At Dancin sprouts!

atDSC09782

DSC09788

Spoons! You buy fancy toys but all they really want is your phone and spoons!

DSC09802

We had a play date with Katie, Jack and Evan. Isa called Jack, Bobby, the whole time because we saw Bobby earlier that week at Ravinia. Jimmy, Jack and Bobby all have Down Syndrome and I think Isa is starting to recognize it. She asked me when Jimmy’s fingers were going to grow and was sad to learn that they would always be shorter. She doesn’t want Jimmy to be different.

DSC09811

DSC09813

This park was awesome. It’s in Glenview and almost halfway between us and we were the only ones there.

DSC09820

This is how Jimmy goes down all the slides now. This slide really hurts if you are an adult. Don’t do it!

DSC09830

Jack prefers to sit.

DSC09832

“I spit in your face (spoken in an English accent in my head!).”

DSC09833

Heeeeeeeelp!

DSC09844

Mom! We’re talking here. Jeez!

DSC09845

group photo!

DSC09865

I made the Jimmy banner and one for Rosie too. Isa’s I bought a long time ago at Land of Nod. They still sell them.

DSC09874DSC09875

Here we are eating out at Prairie Joe’s for breakfast since we have no food or power.

DSC09878

Isn’t this awesome!?!

DSC09889

This kiddie pool was heaven. All three kids played happily for nearly an hour while I sat next to them and read my book on my phone. It was a great hour.

DSC09896

Later, while Jimmy and Rosie were napping, I had to play my least favorite game ever. It’s a game that we got in a happy meal or a cereal box and you have to find something. That’s it. You look for stuff. Ughh!

DSC09905

We found most of them fairly quickly but this one took us forever. Luckily I found it so the card went in my pile. Yippee. Yes, I play competitively with my five year old daughter!

DSC09906

My Mawmaw and Pawpaw sent us some fun new shirts from a VBS they worked at and some stickers! Yay for fun mail!

DSC09907

DSC09909

DSC09913

You have to keep an eye on that Rosie Rose!

DSC09917

By the way she did not get hurt while taking the picture.

DSC09920

Jonny and Lisa came over to watch the Women’s World Cup final. It was a fun game to watch even though they lost. Sad smile

DSC09934

group hug!

DSC09939

bed time!

DSC09942

Now back to my book!

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete