Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas decorations and more!

We had a great weekend with very few plans. I spent most of last Saturday in my pajamas. We put up the Christmas tree and decorated it.

First, the tree topper!

DSC01882

Then all the ornaments!

DSC01886

This was not a posed picture! ;)

DSC01889

DSC01897

Poor Jims missed all the fun. He was dead asleep.

DSC01901

But, he did bring home the most incredible craft ever. I think a tear formed when I first saw it.

DSC01869

I got to sit in on Isa’s last ballet class. She loves to dance!

2011 Dec xmas tree crafts ballet class

My favorite picture is…

DSC01971

not to be confused with

firework

Yes, she is my child!

and my second favorite picture is…   some grandparents were sitting next to me and they kept chuckling because Isa was such a goof.

DSC01924

Not to be compared with anything!

I made an advent calendar that I’m not super excited about. I made it without a plan and just went where it took me and it didn’t take me anywhere super great. oh well. Today, the advent calendar told us to make a paper chain Christmas decoration. Isa loved making it and then went to town after that…some of her work is below.

Isa’s own advent wreath.

DSC01998

This is a cute chic that Isa made and we mailed it along with a letter to Robin Preiss Glasser, the illustrator for Fancy Nancy. They met and are now pen pals. Lucky Isa!

DSC01999

The next thing Isa made and then came up to me and said, “do you remember that boring board that was behind the advent calendar? Well now it’s not so boring!”

DSC02001

Our paper chain!

DSC02003

The calendar that I made.

DSC01822

See you next time!

DSC02010

1 comment:

  1. The pictures of you and Isa doing the exact same pose is seriously hilarious! Jimmy's artwork is beautiful too, left hand says 'i love you'. Can't wait for Jack's Christmas artwork now.

    ReplyDelete