Wednesday, July 30, 2014

4th Annual Camp Harrison - Day 1!

Camp Harrison is here! Janet planned Camp Harrison this year and Day 1 was great and relaxing. Janet found a template for the Chicago Flag and the kids made their own camp shirt with the template. We played, went to the park, ate Janet's homemade pizza, had popsicles, and enjoyed each other's company on a beautiful, 70 degree, sunny day in Chicago.
Representing the last three years of Camp Harrison shirts.
 Dress up 101
 I love that they are wearing Olivia and Jimmy's old shirts. 

 Jimmy's like yeah, I just got this new ride. 
 I bought it because I look good in it. 
 It's a two seat-er so I can give my cousin a ride. 
 It really helps to wear blue in the blue car. It brings out the blue. 
 I tried to talk shop but Aga just smiled and nodded.
 You should always give your passengers a hug. 
 And, let them know they are special like my cousin, Aga, who is special. 
 Just try not to over do it. That's what I always do. Ugh! 
 Who's next?

  Rosie had fun till she didn't have anymore fun at the park.
 Aga took our picture from far away. 
 Then up close. Camp Counselors dealing with the sick kid with a cold. 
 Al and Isa played a hard core game of make believe. 

 Aga got stuck in the sand. 
 Boys - they just do what they do.
 Jimmy loves the swing.
 Rosie lost all of her energy at the park. 
 From the leg hole of the swing. 
 Sweet Isla!
 I'm pretty sure Al just said, " I want to be invisible."
 "If not invisible, then a star!"
 Chicago Flag Shirts! The three white background areas of the flag represent, from top to bottom, the North, West and South sides of the city. The top blue stripe represents Lake Michigan and the North Branch of the Chicago River. The bottom blue stripe represents the South Branch of the river and the "Great Canal", over the Chicago Portage.
There are four red six-pointed stars on the center white stripe, from left to right: The first star represents Fort DearbornThe second star stands for the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. The third star symbolizes the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893. The fourth star represents the Century of Progress Exposition (1933–1934). 
Its six points stand for political entities Chicago has belonged to and the flags that have flown over the area: France 1693, Great Britain 1763,Virginia 1778, the Northwest Territory 1789, Indiana Territory 1802, and Illinois (territory 1809, and state 1818).[2]

Thanks Wikipedia!






 Olivia's shirt!


 Cutest 3 year olds in town.

 Hug turned tackle.
 Agatha took her time and worked hard on her shirt. She wasn't done till all the major farm animals were on the back. 
 I told her not to smile. Nobody listens to me. 
Janet and I kept it simple! Nobody does camp better than us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment